San Marino – TEST
Full Time permanent
Posted on 16/10/2022
We are expanding our compliance team and are looking for someone to join us on a permanent full-time basis to assist us with AML/CFT reviews, preparation of CRS & FATCA reports, Economic Substance reports etc. This role is suitable for someone with an understanding and working knowledge of regulatory risk, financial statements who has had exposure to working with trusts and understands anti-money laundering regulations and their application to legal services business in context of international estate planning.
This includes reviewing and analysing economic and legal data and preparing reports. Liaising with other staff to organize and maintain records, managing the collection and processing of information and data to produce commentary, feedback, and advice. Review trusts and other corporate structures and assess the value of their financial and non-financial assets for compliance purposes. Conduct research for partners or managers, and attending to other analytical, conceptual, and practical tasks as requested by a partner or a manager within the firm to ensure the efficient operation of the team.
TASKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ROLE
- Analysis, collection and managing information for compliance with the AML/CFT Act, Common Reporting Standards and FATCA.
- Study, review and analyse trusts and other corporate organisational structures and provide feedback regarding compliance.
- Use effective and proven analytical and organization skills to analyse, manage the collection and processing of information of trust assets and transactions including payments distributions, settlements and revocations and advise on the findings.
- Analysis of financial statements, business activities and assets of trusts and other structures.
- Assess financial products and services and their vulnerability to money laundering. Undertake risk identification.
- Liaising with other staff to organise and maintain information systems in relation to legal requirements around AML/CFT legislation in New Zealand and Switzerland.
- Deal with new clients on-boarding procedures and review and verification of existing client relationships in accordance with AML/CFT regulations in New Zealand and Switzerland and the business policies.
- Assess the value of financial and non-financial assets and prepare reports to submit to the Inland Revenue Department and other regulators in New Zealand and Switzerland.
- Dealing with confidential emails, organising, maintaining records and information for each client.
- Implement management decisions and maintain file notes of client meetings or communications in relation to regulations, policies, and compliance with AML in New Zealand.
- Propose any process improvements to achieve greater efficiency in the team.
- You will be asked to undertake on client or firm specific projects to ensure a smooth and effective operation of the compliance team.
ATTRIBUTES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Works well within team environment.
- Can be flexible regarding work demands and hours.
- Is proactive.
- Uses good judgement.
- Presents a corporate image.
- Able to prioritise workloads.
- Effective time management skills.
- Remains calm under pressure.
REQUIRED LEVEL OF SKILLS
- Someone who has worked in a law firm and has experience working with trusts and understands anti-money laundering regulations and their application to a legal services business.
- A tertiary qualification in business, law, arts, or economics.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations about trusts and AML/CFT/FATCA is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in monitoring and implementing quality Compliance/or Risk management framework policy content or similar with at least 3-5 years’ experience.
- An understanding of financial services and financial statements analysis as well as corporate structures.
- Ability to interpret and analyse large-volume and complex data.
- Proven ability to analyse, organize and maintain data.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and databases.
- Minimum typing speed 60wpm.
- Attention to detail and strong process improvement capabilities.
We are looking for a confident, friendly, and personable individual who is able to remain calm under pressure. Beyond technical skills you will be able to work well within the team and independently.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the APPLY NOW button or email us at email@example.com.
Please note that we will review all applications within a reasonable time frame, but only successful candidates will be contacted.